HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » PapierMache.co.uk site update: 20/03/10

PapierMache.co.uk site update: 20/03/10

#1 2010-03-20 15:11:44

russ
Site Admin
Website

PapierMache.co.uk site update: 20/03/10

Hi all,

We've been working hard on a few improvements to the website recently which we thought we should highlight here.

*Gallery comments*

As suggested by "erikatackas" and others (see: http://www.papiermache.co.uk/forum/view … hp?id=2195) we now have a comments system for the gallery items.

Comments can be added by all visitors (those with their own gallery as well as anonymous users) on a per-item basis. Don't worry about missing comments on your own items - whenever a comment is made you will receive an email informing you with a link to the comment (make sure your gallery emails are up to date!).

If you don't like a comment you're free to remove it from your gallery item at the click of a "delete" button.

We'll be keeping an eye on this feature for any abuse (read: nasty people!) and will take whatever measures are required to keep everything on track.

*Gallery item limit*

The limit on the number of items you can have in your gallery has doubled - from 30 to 60. We'll be working on ways in the future for better ordering and display of gallery items.

*Login system*

If you post a comment on a gallery item whilst logged into your own gallery account, the comment will appear as coming from you (complete with your gallery photo and so on). However, the old login system was very "gallery admin" specific and I imagine was only used when you wished to update your gallery.

We've changed the login system a little to be more integrated into the site. Whether you are logged in or not is now displayed at the top right of every page with quick links to edit your gallery. We've also implemented a "remember me" option when logging in so the site will remember you every time you visit without the need to login each time.

Remaining logged in to the site will allow you to post comments quickly since we'll only ask you for your comment text itself - we'll already know who you are.

Unfortunately, the main site accounts are still separate from the forum accounts. This is something we're making steps towards integrating and will come in the future.

*General site improvements*

Perhaps less noticeable are some general aesthetic improvements throughout the site. These are mainly layout bug fixes and cleaned up graphics on various pages. Nothing too major but every little helps!

Well, that's it for this update. We've got various other improvements on the way but we thought it'd be nice to share what's currently complete with you now so... here it is! We'll be working on ways to improve the integration of comments in the future and make them a little more visible (perhaps a "recently commented on" feature etc). Stay tuned.

We hope you find the new features useful. If you notice any issues or have any comments/opinions, please either post them here or get in touch via email.

Happy macheing.

Russ

#2 2010-03-21 12:34:05

TK

Re: PapierMache.co.uk site update: 20/03/10

wow! this is awesome updating!
I like this new feature!
TK

#3 2010-03-22 15:46:34

dopapier

Brilliant stuff, Russ.  Thank you so much.
I guess some of the ladies may adopt you as their pinup!!
DavidO

I'm a PM addict

#4 2010-03-29 11:26:41

Alasdair
Website

Thanks for the site improvements, t'is much appreciated smile

#5 2010-04-01 15:22:58

Patraw
Website

Yeah, thanks for the site update.  In addition to the comment function, I also appreciated the doubling of the gallery limit.

#6 2010-04-01 17:26:33

dopapier

Three cheers for Russ . . . Hip hip ......

I'm a PM addict

#7 2010-04-01 18:27:50

Alasdair
Website

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » PapierMache.co.uk site update: 20/03/10

Board footer