21. More paper "clay" fur around the head. I added a coat of joint compound for the face, hands and toes, and smoothed it out with a damp brush. I cut out plastic eyes from an empty bleach bottle to give them a more rounded look. Yellowing is from the carpenters glue used.
22. I used a combination of joint compound and carpenters glue to give his face, hands and toes a smoother finish.
23. I wanted some depth to the fur so I gave him a base coat of grey. Then I painted his face, hands and toes blue. He still needs more fur on the top of his head but I won't be able to paint his face properly once it's on, so that will be one of the last steps.
24. I made the fur for the top of his head by rolling out some paper "clay" on a piece of plastic. After it had dried I just cut it to fit.
25. Added the hair, more fur around the face and painted it all with a base coat of grey.
26. And a coat of white wash...
A little more fur on the head, a final coat of paint and he is ready to go :)
- Dorothy (http://pizzutisculpture.com/paper/)