HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

Endless source of newsprint

#1 2012-07-05 18:29:21

meg

Endless source of newsprint

The New York Times  Sunday crossword puzzle books (and most other similar publications) are an excellent source of plain, soft, easy-to-tear, black and white newsprint.  If you know of any seniors who want to keep their little grey cells in good working condition, encourage them to do the crosswords - in pencil - and let you have all the pages when they are finished....or do the crosswords yourself.   I have been doing them every day for ages and have a stash big enough to make a full-size papier mache horse - only a slight exaggeration! ......just thought it was worth mentioning as suitable paper  - in this age of on-line newspapers - may be getting harder to come by.

#2 2012-07-05 19:40:30

CatPerson

Re: Endless source of newsprint

I would never have thought of that!  Another good idea for 'recycling'.

Sue

#3 2012-07-09 16:51:22

Patraw
Website

Newsprint is something I've never experienced a shortage of--in addition to regular newspapers, there are any number of free publications that various groups in my area put out on a regular basis.  If nothing else, all you have to do is mention you need newsprint to your friends and family, and I guarantee you will be inundated with bales of it.

#4 2012-07-26 09:07:49

dopapier

Amazon tend to use long lengths of brown paper for their packaging.  It is excellent stuff for laminating.  I never let any go to waste.

I'm a PM addict

Board footer