HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

Help! Ideas for a fortress

#1 2004-03-22 09:42:55

gilly w.

Help! Ideas for a fortress

My children have set me a new challenge.  They are into 'Lord of the Rings Warhammer' tin soldiers, approx 1-2" in height.  They now want a landscape for their soldiers.

I've got the board, pulped the paper, ready to add glue, egg boxes, grass, sand, pebbles, but any ideas for shapes would be most welcome.  Anyone done one of these before?

Fortresses with moats is the furthest I have got.  This is a new challenge.

I love the website, brilliant.

#2 2004-03-22 14:58:16

Re: Help! Ideas for a fortress

gilly, I may not know much about paper mache but I do recall from both the movies and books that LotR has some of the most interesting scenery around. Don't limit yourself to just a castle and mote.

The area I think would be the most intriguing (but hard!) to make is Minas Tirith of Gondor. (the site I just linked features more pictures of other realms of Middle Earth.) An easier one would be The Shire. Your grass and pebbles could come more in handy in that area.

Hope this helps, maybe once you find a place you'd like to make you could google for more pictures. smile

#3 2004-03-22 23:11:21

rozani
Website

Re: Help! Ideas for a fortress

Dear Gilly,

Turrets along the wall can be made from oatmeal boxes or paper towel tubes with stone texture mached over them.  Archers can be positioned there with bows and arrows.

Tree spirits can be made from twisted brown paper dipped into liquid starch or adhesive medium.  EZ to do and you can have fun with the faces and arm limbs.  These go on the ground and blend in with the landscape.

The easiest are boulders which can be crumpled from paper dipped in the liquid medium.  Stack them to create mountains and caves.

Hope this helps.

Rozani

Board footer