HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

newsprint

#1 2003-12-03 17:30:47

patlittle
Website

newsprint

Can anyone advise me how to go about getting left over ends of unused newsprint rolls.....do you just walk into a local newspaper office/printers and ask or is there somewhere that sells plain white newsprint paper....
I'd be grateful for any useful information    :?   Pat Little

#2 2003-12-05 00:46:03

rozani
Website

Re: newsprint

Hi Pat.

Yes and yes.  Newprint can be obtained through many ways.  Asking your local newspaper is one.  The other would be families who have just moved.  There's tons of paper being disposed of every day from retail packing materials.  Last, but not least, it can be purchased through an art or paper supplier.

This means, you can contact the printers, art suppliers or check out the movers of household goods, as well as back alleys of retail stores.  Also, don't be afraid to ask around.  Before you know it, people will be saving paper for you.

If you know any military families, this is the jackpot!  They move very frequently and have lots of paper in their household goods.  I'm still trying to figure out where to store mine.  I ended up putting some of the sheets into my mask making kits and using them for workshops.

Hope this helps.

Rozani
big_smile

Board footer