HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

Mexican papier mache

#1 2010-09-26 19:51:51

sleekerr
Website

Mexican papier mache

Hi, I've just discovered you and joined. Been doing sculptural papier mache in the Linares tradition for 3 years now; love it. Great group, we call ourselves Papiermachistas, due to our Mexican heritage -- not us, but our wonderful teacher, Marcella Montoya-Turnhill. She's left us to go to Spain and do her art full time, we (13 of us, many ages, many countries, all of us in West London) continue supporting and encouraging and teaching each other. Have to figure out the rest of this site to put some work up.

Meanwhile, here is my question -- it needs a photo too, don't know how to do that yet. I have a Mexican papier mache cat, about 2' tall, blue with hearts on it. I saw something in a supplement that indicates it might be quite valuable... searched the net (which is how I found this site) and discovered Gemma Taccogna, in the Galleries. Wondering if anyone can tell me who my cat is by and if it is a true collector's item.

#2 2010-09-27 00:32:49

Jackie
Website

Re: Mexican papier mache

Welcome Susan,

Your group "Papiermachistas" sounds a lot of fun. How did you all find each other?
Your gallery will soon be up and running so we will be able to see your artwork. Maybe some others in your group might like to join us?

As for posting pictures in the forum, I know it is possible to do it but have forgotten how! No doubt one of the boffins on this site will be able to tell you....are you there David, Kris.....?

I would love to see a picture of your cat. If you are unsuccessful putting a picture in the forum, you could add it to your gallery meanwhile so that we can see it.

Lovely to have you on our forum.

Jackie

#3 2010-09-27 07:26:01

CatPerson

Re: Mexican papier mache

Yes, it does sound like fun!

Sue

Board footer