HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

How good magazine paper works ?

#1 2008-09-19 19:27:39

Maria

How good magazine paper works ?

Hi all my friends :

I have a question about glossy or nice magazine paper , how it works on layers of PM ? I have been using  craft strong (brown paper )with one side more glossy for my projects , i noticed that is nice , and helps to fade the wrinkles in my case of masking tape , but i also want to know how the a nice magazine paper works ?
But still one of my favorites , is newsspaper , the brown sometimes is stiff for curves , even if it is tear in triangular shapes .
But please i need help .
Thank you very much .
Maria .

#2 2008-09-20 05:55:19

CatPerson

Re: How good magazine paper works ?

Magazine paper can be good, as it has some clay in it. But it would be best to try a small, simple project to see how it works for you.

Any paper can wrinkle if the pieces are too big or the curves are small. You may have to tear pieces as small as 1/2"x1/2" (1cm x 1cm) for some areas.

Experiment with all kinds of paper. Not all will be good for all things.

Sue

#3 2008-10-07 22:40:18

dopapier

The only real answer is ............ try it out.  Combinations of paste and paper will be different for everyone.
I use the thin glossy paper to make my pulp but not for laminating.  I find it does not absorb the paste to the same degree as newsprint and kraft and so will not mold as easily.  The gloss and the strong inks also may prevent it bonding as strongly.
DavidO

I'm a PM addict

#4 2008-11-16 10:05:53

saab_05

I tried using glossy papers but it just do not work well for me. The item is either too wrinkled or too soft..It needs a lot of patience to perfect one item!! smile

smile

#5 2008-11-16 12:46:56

dopapier

Thanks for sharing your experience.  I am glad you have found the same as me in trying glossy paper.  In the end, I find that newspaper is the best, with brown kraft paper adding strength and smoothness.
DavidO

I'm a PM addict

Board footer