HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » cracks on the surfaceof older papier mache

cracks on the surfaceof older papier mache

#1 2003-05-03 21:55:17

cracks on the surfaceof older papier mache

Just noticed that there are cracks in some of my older pieces, probaly going back about three years. Those pieces were made of stripped paper, using flour and water paste, acrylic paints and sealed with polyuretane. Any reason this is happening?

#2 2003-05-07 19:35:17

Re: cracks on the surfaceof older papier mache

Hi Julie, I had the sanme problem in pieces that were 3 to 5 years old. Why thiis happened I realy do not know, but I think that it has somthing to do with humidty. It must get inside and crack the flower. When you sell a piece 4 to 5 hundred dollers there must not be any cracks at any time.To solve the problem I stoped using papier mache and I now use white glue and kleenex papier. This is more expensive but well worth the investment. And also to be shure I put a piece of rubber under the boby and legs so that no part touches the ground. Not only is this stronger but there are no cracks, and that is what you want Julie. The art gallieries do not like when a clinent comes back with and object they paid good money for. I hope this helps you.   www.cowareyou@hotmail.com

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » cracks on the surfaceof older papier mache

Board footer