HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

Papier Mache Knowledge Bank

#1 2007-05-02 15:59:53

Perfiditty

Papier Mache Knowledge Bank

Hello one and all,

Being an infrequent visitor to this (excellent) forum and more of a lurker really, I was wondering if I could put forward a suggestion that might be useful.

On another forum where I visit (all about kimonos) there is a lot of information to take in about said subject. To help newcomers and regular forum users alike, all the information has been split into certain topics and anything new that someone learns is posted into the relevant thread (be it a tutorial or an article or a weblink),

For example, there is one thread about the appropriate formality for each type of kimono and the associated obi or sash. Then there is a seperate thread for a kimono glossary and so on and so forth.

I was wondering if we could achieve something similar here as I notice that a lot of the same questions crop up quite frequently (such as how do I get a smooth surface? Recipes? etc etc)

Would this be a good idea?

I cna tpye 300 wrods pre mniute!

#2 2007-05-03 08:34:21

snoozysnowshoes
Website

Re: Papier Mache Knowledge Bank

Hi  big_smile   I think you will find that Russ is on the case of revamping the site soon and has asked for any thoughts and ideas.

Sue

#3 2007-05-09 23:05:54

russ
Site Admin
Website

Re: Papier Mache Knowledge Bank

Hi Perfiditty,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will definitely check out the kimono forum example you gave.

We do have a separate glossary area at the moment (http://www.papiermache.co.uk/exec/cms-glossary/) but I agree it would be nice to be more user driven. I'll have a look into how we can integrate this more thoroughly with the site.

Thanks again.

Russ

Board footer