HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » Finishing after using papier mache slip

Finishing after using papier mache slip

#1 2002-08-25 18:04:16

Finishing after using papier mache slip

Wow cant believe I've found this site!
Well I've been making dolls out of papier mache slip it's so pretty just like porcelain but very fragile so I was wondering what would be good to paint them with and more importantly what can I finish them with to make them stronger. perferably some thing that would keep them with a mat finish?
any ideas
TIA
Dianne

#2 2002-09-20 23:02:58

Re: Finishing after using papier mache slip

Can you tell me  what is Papier mache Slip Please

#3 2002-09-21 17:13:15

Jackie
Website

Hi Dianne and Nick,

Slip is a funny word to use for papier mache isn't it? I have heard a few people use it but not many. In ceramics, slip is a liquid form of clay which is poured into plaster moulds. The plaster absorbs the liquid leaving the clay to form the model. This would only work in a plaster mould because of this.

Do you make your paper pulp very watery and do this? Or do you just refer to the soggy pulp as *slip*? And what do you use at the moment to seal your dolls?

Jackie

#4 2002-11-05 14:48:48

DuncanBerenice

I was wondering if the slip you mention is Li Qua Che, I bought some a wee while ago.

For those that don't know, Li Qua Che is pourable papier mache and can be used with ceramic moulds, and is air cured rather than oven fired, it's handy if you want to get into ceramics without an oven - I haven't used it yet, I will soon  smile

Duncan

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » Finishing after using papier mache slip

Board footer