HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

furniture disater

#1 2002-10-22 10:48:45

monzq

furniture disater

well I said I'd come back and tell you how I got on with my furniture making, it didn't work.
I did up some pulp and made the mould and put in about an inch layer, but alas it just took forever to dry(maybe 1 month). Unfortuneately, papier mache won't work for this particular project, which is a pity as I like the idea of using a recycleable material, which would otherwise be thrown out. So I might try using paper with concrete.

#2 2002-10-22 16:11:02

Jackie
Website

Re: furniture disater

That's a shame Monzq. Maybe you could try adding some sawdust to the mix like they used to do in toymaking (i.e. composition). Does anyone have any advice for Monzq?

Jackie

#3 2002-10-23 17:24:33

Laminated, Monzq. Build up the layers slowly, letting them dry in between steps...

That's a shame Monzq. Maybe you could try adding some sawdust to the mix like they used to do in toymaking (i.e. composition). Does anyone have any advice for Monzq?

#4 2002-10-27 07:17:12

Try mixing urea-fameldahide resin (two part powder you can get at the hardware store) to your mache. USE RUBBER GLOVES AND DO IT OUTSIDE-the smell isn't something you would want in the house.  This glue is very strong.  After your creation dries, varnish it to prevent it from smelling bad.

Board footer