HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

Pets and PM

#1 2006-12-19 01:53:50

Wile E

Pets and PM

My cats enjoy helping me a lot. When a PM project is still wet, they notice that it doesn't have enough cat hair on it so they rub up against it as much as possible and occasionally make a few new indentations because they feel the smooth look is too boring.

When a project is dry they like to test it's hardness and durability (and taste) for me by chewing on it. They always make sure to test it in several places.

When I am trying to manipulate wire for an armature they like to watch me very closely and sometimes chase the wire, because it might be trying to get away.

Saturday I finally got around to trying out my dremel for sanding a project. Normally a noisy thing would scare off cats but not in this case, they knew their help might be needed so they came over to watch very closely. Since one of these cats only has one eye and I have no cat-sized goggles I had to stop sanding. I'll either have to do that outside or wait until I get my garage cleaned out and a workroom set up, but I don't know how I'll manage without my helpers.

Does anyone else have pets who like to be helpful when you are working on a project?

#2 2006-12-19 02:52:53

CatPerson

Re: Pets and PM

My cats like to taste-test PM, and "texture" it with their teeth.  They don't have to add hair to it deliberately, as there's enough around that it gets into everything.

The dog doesn't care at all unless it smells like food.

Sue

#3 2006-12-19 12:01:57

Jackie
Website

My ginger cat Marmaduke just sits and watches me, arms folded and head tilting to watch all the twists and turns of the strips of paper. He looks at me the way only a cat can do, with that "poor soul, is this all she can think to do" expression.

However, when I have finished something he takes a fancy to it. When I finished Ernie, the huge elephant, he curled up at night against it. He was quite at a loss when Ernie left.  :?

Jackie

#4 2007-02-07 08:48:23

snoozysnowshoes
Website

Hi all
I have two cats one who loves to supervise from the window blocking out what valuable natural light i have. While the other likes quality control and has to test all string, beads, strips of paper before i use them. I just need to let him know i would like them back and not spend half the day looking under my work table for them. As for the dremel they don't like and when its off they take great delight in brushing past it and knocking off the table.
Sue  smile .

Board footer