HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

what kind of paint to use??

#1 2001-05-30 02:39:09

what kind of paint to use??

I'm new to this medium, had to make one for a zoo project. now I'm very excited about "creating" and"painting".  what lind of paint do I USE???  THANKS

#2 2001-05-30 15:04:45

Re: what kind of paint to use??

hi there I think you can best use acryl paint.
Don't know what your making.

look at papercastle !!!!!!!! help me.

#3 2001-06-14 13:28:52

My daughter has a project and she started with paper mache and we made pulp and it smelled terrible we threw it out and bought rigid wrap she is making a turtle and I want to know what kind of paint to use  thanks for your help

#4 2001-06-19 19:06:44

I have found that acrylic paints work rather well.  Then I use a spray on clear acrylic to seal my work.

#5 2001-07-15 04:16:03

I plan on making a large jack-0-lantern for halloween and wish to place it outdoors. What kind of paint should I use and how can I seal it from the weather?

#6 2001-07-20 14:23:57

Hi Ronny,

Try PRETEX if you can get it.
It seals your work.

look at www.pretex.com or www.pretex.nl

#7 2001-07-24 14:08:50

hi Ronny,

I have asked but the pretex is only available in the Netherlands and Belgium, but now you can order PRETEX by me if you want.

You can paint it, mix it trough pulp en it becomes waterresistant,
it protect against snow.
It doen't break and you can mix it with water.

1/2 liter cost 15 EURO and shipping cost.

order at papiermachee@hotmail.com

best regards andre

#8 2001-07-28 08:38:32

I'm just new at this but is acrylic paint the paint  that makes most paper mache project shiny?
What's that subtance used to make it shiny?And how do I make a box out of papermache??
please help and thank u

#9 2001-07-29 21:43:06

You can just use a shiny type of acrylic paint, or when you are done painting the project just coat it with a water based high gloss clear lacquer/acrylic. 
I have also experimented with sculpy glaze. It is nice.
Sue

#10 2012-09-17 16:40:16

Patraw
Website

I've tried many different kinds of paint on papier mache over the years (oil, latex, watercolor, etc.), but I have to say I prefer acrylic.  It's mostly a matter of personal choice though; try out different types, if you can, and make your own decision based on what works for you.

I'm a penny-pinching miser, so I use Walmart's el cheapo Folk Art and Apple Barrel brands for the most part.

#11 2012-09-17 19:43:11

CatPerson

I've got to agree with Patraw:  for price, local availability, quick-dry, ease of use and clean-up, and resistance to moisture, acrylic paint is difficult to improve upon.  It comes in matte, shiny, semi-gloss, iridescent and metallics, as spray and brush-on.  You can water it down to give a more watercolor-like effect without the difficulties (muddying the colors) of watercolors.

Sue

Board footer