HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

Egyptian Project Papier Mache

#1 2006-12-14 19:50:25

Col_Man

Egyptian Project Papier Mache

Thanks for the tips on the pyramids,but Im having some more questions.

For a project for school(Egypt Project)

Papier Mache ...Mummy?..any ideas?

King Tut?

Sacophragis (Mummy's Tomb)

Help :?:

#2 2006-12-15 04:01:38

Wile E

Re: Egyptian Project Papier Mache

How about a sphinx?

#3 2006-12-15 17:51:32

dopapier

tongue
I have seen a full size mummy case done for a school art project.  It was very impressive and could, with a bit of adaptation (i.e. shelves) serve as a cupboard.  With something like that you have to be careful with the weighting, making sure it is not top heavy.  If you build the whole thing on a lightweight card structure, you could incorporate a bag of sand in the base section to give it solidity.
To think of internal strength, try putting a few toilet roll cores side by side with a board on top.  Stand on them (carefully) to see how strong they are.  You can adapt engineering principles with e.g. triangular section cardboard tubes.  The ideas are endless.
Good luck with whatever you choose.
DavidO

I'm a PM addict

#4 2006-12-16 04:13:18

CatPerson

For the mummy, why not get a doll from a thrift shop (unless you were so lucky that you could find a lifesized clothing mannequin) and wrap it up with strips of PM?  You wouldn't have to worry about how smooth the surface is, as visible strips would make it look more realistic.  Water down some medium brown paint so it looks more like a stain, and brush it on to make it look old.

If you didn't want to make a human-type mummy, maybe you could get a stuffed (toy, not real) cat and wrap it with PM strips.  The Egyptians seemed to mummify a lot of cats...

Board footer