HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

Unicorn Mask

#1 2006-08-09 17:38:19

rozani
Website

Unicorn Mask

Hello Jackie and Everyone! big_smile

I hope that the heat has not damaged your creative spirits.  The weather conditions around the world have had dramatic effects on lives, jobs and health.  We never know if it will be drought or flood.  We do know that scorching temperatures are great for papier mache. 

I took advantage of the exreme heat temperatures here in Alabama to make my first unicorn mask in three dimensions.  After 5 versions, I was satisfied with this final one.  He is now in my gallery section if you would like to take a peek.

No matter how hard the task, a little inspiration and perserverence goes a long way.  Don't be afraid to try something new.  You will be amazed at what your imagination can do.

Happy mache projects to all and stay safe!

#2 2006-08-10 17:38:32

Jackie
Website

Re: Unicorn Mask

Fantastic unicorn Rozani. The people you made it for must have been delighted with it.

I also love your tree trunk, it looks so realistic. A lot of people have wanted to make trees for scenery so yours will be give a lot of inspiration I'm sure.

Can you send any spare sun you might have to the UK please? I think we have seen our share for this year! wink

Jackie

#3 2006-08-11 03:03:15

rozani
Website

Thank you Jackie. 

I wish I could bottle up the sunshine for you.  Instead, I'll send a smile.  :mrgreen:

I hope that others will try the trunk.  It was so much fun to make.  It is still an attention getter.  It will be welcoming my guests this Halloween for my BOO-TIQUE 2006.  I will try to make some Spook art that is not too frightening.  I still enjoy using brown paper bags and packaging paper.  It works well for making faux leaves.

The cost of decorations have sky rocketed because of the decorative craft industry.  I have held on to many of my decorations from several years ago.  However, some of them just have become torn and faded.  I recently overlapped orange tissue over the natural brown mache strips and found that it gives such a realistic effect for the turning of Autumn leaves.  Once dry, the mache can be shaped and veins can be added for realism.  The leaves can be clustered and attached to wire for garlands, etc.  Any left over scraps can be lumped into balls and turned into mini pumpkins and/or gourds.

What are your latest projects?  Are there pumpkins, dragons, broomsticks, magic wands, spiders and the like?  I'd love to hear about it.

Regards,

Rozani

#4 2006-08-12 13:43:53

Jackie
Website

The orange tissue paper over brown paper sounds a good idea.

Where do you get all your brown paper bags from? We used to get them over here when we bought fruit and veg, but all we seem to get now is plastic bags.

Jackie

#5 2006-08-14 16:39:01

Grécha
Website

Hi Rozani,

How are you?
I just wanted to let you know that my website is up and running again, so maybe (please?  lol ) you can update the 'offline' link on your page? I'll make a link back to your site of course!!!!!

Oh the second thing is that I really LOVE your unicorn mask!!!
It looks very nice! How long did it take to make that one?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Grécha

Board footer