HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » New to PM and I have lots of questions???

New to PM and I have lots of questions???

#1 2002-04-11 00:16:01

New to PM and I have lots of questions???

Hello Everyone! This is an awesome site.
Just resently I begun PM. However, I need to know what kind of glue you used to seal the PM. I know it's not the white glue used by kids? or is it? What would be the best kind of glue to use?
I also need to know what I would use to make a PM hand. I will really appreciate any help I could get. THX!

Berenice

#2 2002-04-11 05:29:16

Re: New to PM and I have lots of questions???

Seal the PM? You mean like as a finish coat? Some folks DO use white glue. Others use varnish or polyurethane. I use whatever is around the house, although the milk of magnesia didn't turn out too well...the hand? Wire would work good. Or, you may want to cut a hand outta cardboard and try to build it up with PM. Either way, I don't think it'll be the prosthesis Uncle Bill had in mind...good luck with your projects.
Dr. Paper

#3 2002-04-11 10:02:58

Hi Berenice,

Take a look at Jean Crawford's gallery - click on "gallery" and then "visitors gallery". That should give you some inspiration.

Jackie

#4 2002-04-23 18:58:30

Hi Berenice! I concur with Dr. Paper. Wire framing allows you to create a "posturing." Cardboard does the same thing if you allow the object to dry over a prop, say a bowl. I prefer using polyurethane to treat my finished pieces. Sometimes I use several layers -- on a bowl, for instance. It creates an impervious bond, allows for easy cleaning. Karen @ www.farroutart.com

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » New to PM and I have lots of questions???

Board footer