HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

this forum

#1 2002-01-27 00:14:11

this forum

i jsut had a question about this forum.  i know a lot of people post here, but does anyone ever respond to the posts?  i was jsut wondering.

#2 2002-01-27 11:59:24

Re: this forum

Hi Terresa,

Yes, they do... if you look at all the threads you will see the replies below them. Sometimes it is days, weeks or months later that someone will see a post and want to share their experiences with the poster.

Like in most art forms, there is no right or wrong way to do things, but the more ideas and opinions we all get, the better our chances of success.

Jackie

#3 2002-01-28 17:10:29

Hello Terresa
I have just read your post here
I am sure that you will find all of us Papier Mache Lovers like nothing better than working with papier mache and sharing advise, suggestions, comments etc.
If you have a question, be prepared for numerous replys all different!! I have been working in Papier Mache for the past 10 years and every day is a new learning experience.
If you have a question PLEASE Post it, I have been without my computer for awhile so I am just catching up with the chat and gossip!!  I would be Most Pleased to help you or anyone else that shares our interests.
I work mostly with Pulped Papier Mache
You can also find me at www.terryspapiermache.com I am now living in Canada, moved here moved here 35 years ago from England
Looking forward to chatting Papier Mache
Terry

#4 2002-04-06 04:50:28

i work with preschoolers and therefore am concerned about toxicity of wallpaper paste. i have tried flour and water but it makes the papier mache have a flaky white texture and colour when dry. is this why you boil? if not, why do you recommend heating the mixture of flour and water in your instructions?

are there any ways to prevent mould when using flour and water? some of our creations, i will want to last.

#5 2002-04-06 19:18:55

Hey Andrew:
FYI - Ross makes a papier mache art paste that is non-toxic. I use it in my artist-in-residence programs at schools. 'Haven't lost a kid yet.  It is sold in a powder form like their wallpaper paste. Doesn't mold. I'm not sure about its availability in the UK, but you could ask your local art supplier...
Adhesively,
Steve.
www.cartuna.net

Board footer