HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » looking for a mache "clay" recipe & Christmas

looking for a mache "clay" recipe & Christmas

#1 2002-01-26 23:22:58

looking for a mache "clay" recipe & Christmas

Hi There,
I'd very much like to make some fun and funky papier mache sants and also would like to adorn jars with the pulp/clay.  Any ideas?

#2 2002-01-28 17:27:44

Re: looking for a mache "clay" recipe & Christmas

Hello Melanie,
I make Papier Mache Pulp/Clay from newsprint and flour,
I also do great things on recycled jars, these I would gladly send to you and anyone else that is interested pictures and instructons, mostly I do assorted heads they are just wonderful to fill with "whatever" and have around the kitchen etc
My Pulp Recipe
Tear layers of newsprint with the grain about 1/2" wide
tear the strips cross wise into about 2" load up an OLD pot to boil them, make this an OLD POT as it will only be used for boiling paper and ruined for food, add water and boil for about 1/2 hour on a rapid boil, strain the mud, squeese out excess water mix approx 1/3 flour to 2/3 pulp........Thats it.  The draw back, it takes a long time to dry, though I use that to advantage, it will also mold unless dried with a good air flow, I use fans and no heat I also use old cake wire racks etc to stand the project on to allow air to circulate under the project too.
I hope that you find this helpful, please post any other questions/ concerns or you are welcome to email me
Terry

#3 2002-02-02 19:06:48

Hi Terry,
Thanks for the recipe, and yes, I'd love to hear how you do those jars.  Sounds great.
                                   Many thanks,
                                                 Melanie

#4 2002-02-09 10:14:36

Hi Melanie
Sorry to have taken so long to respond.
If you would let me have your email address, I would be happy to take pics and forward with details of their construction.
I make a range of "Figures heads" They work out just Great and an excellent way of reycling screw top jars.
Of course you can also model ither items on the jars, I did a whole "canister set" of jars with papier mache mushrooms too
Terry

#5 2002-03-22 23:47:23

Terry, I would love to see your jar creations...I'm always looking for inspiration.
smile julie

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » looking for a mache "clay" recipe & Christmas

Board footer