HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » Hello. New to list and looking for recipes

Hello. New to list and looking for recipes

#1 2005-07-09 04:15:23

Nashi

Hello. New to list and looking for recipes

Hello, everyone. I am new to this forum, but not to papier mache. I've used it for numerous projects, especially for Halloween props. 

I'm looking for a variety of papier mache recipes, preferably something like an archive. I've searched the web and found a recipe here, a few there. Does anyone know of a site where one can find a collection of recipes, including variations, paper pulp, finishes, additives, etc.? 

If there isn't one, there should be. wink

I'm getting ready to start my Halloween preparations soon and I want to experiment with some new recipes (my Purple People Eater turned out to be too brittle last year), so if anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it.  Thanks.

Tina

I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.    -Albert Einstein

#2 2005-07-21 15:54:06

rozani
Website

Re: Hello. New to list and looking for recipes

Hi Tina & Welcome!

There are not that many combiations.  Mostly, we experiment with the basics; an adhesive medium and paper.  There's good info at this site.  I personally prefer liquid starch.  This is easily available to me and is perfect for my needs.  Others prefer wall paper paste or simple white glue and water.  Also, I am not a recipe person; big_smile  per se.  A glob of this, a smidge of that and voila!  My favorite goop is ready for action.

Regards,

Rozani

#3 2005-07-24 10:04:12

Nashi

Re: Hello. New to list and looking for recipes

Hello, Rozani.

Thanks for answering my post.  Your approach to making papier mache sounds like my approach to cooking.  big_smile

I'm sure you are right about there being a few basic recipes and variations thereof based on my own experience and research. I guess I was just hoping to find some new variations or techniques - I'm always looking for something new and different.

I did discover the wonderful world of hypertufa and papercrete a few years ago while researching papier mache, so I continue to search, always curious about what I may find next or what I've missed.

And, like you, I do love to experiment. It might take some of the fun out of it if I didn't need to mess around and 'tweak' recipes anymore. wink

Thanks again,

Tina

I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.    -Albert Einstein

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » Hello. New to list and looking for recipes

Board footer