HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

Hello!Im new here.

#1 2005-01-25 20:18:39

Villanelle

Hello!Im new here.

Hi im new to this site but ive been making things out of paper mashe for a while now, mainly cats, guineapigs, masks, a few miniture pilars and a snake.
At the moment I am working on making some butterflys which should be dry and ready for painting tommorow(yay).
I am thinking of trying to make a piggy bank, a dragon, a horse and an eagle.Any suggestions for them???Ive got the basics for the piggy bank in my head but have no idea where to start on the rest as I can only make bad cat armintures and guinea pigs.
Thanks for any replies!
Villanelle Dalgarno.
I would just like to add that I love this site and realy enjoyed making a paper mashe penguin fo my frends birthday presant last year :mrgreen:

#2 2005-01-30 23:14:05

rozani
Website

Re: Hello!Im new here.

Welcome Villanelle!

It's good to have you at this site.  We all have our own styles.  Just keep the basics in mind that you use on your other projects.  From there, you will just need to experiment on what works best for you.  Here are some tips:

Dragon Tails & Ears & Wings - Twisted paper taped into place over dry body and overlayed with wet strips.  Triangular and/or webbed shapes can be used for ears, wings and other dragon accents.

It doesn't have to be any certain way.  You can make dragons silly or fanciful, terrifying or cute, winged or serpentine, etc..

Bodies:

Use round or oval forms for the bodies, heads, arms and legs.  Short ones, fat ones, long ones, skinny ones, etc.; your choice.  The bodies will be larger and wider than the other parts.  It's all just different sized lumps with other lumps attached.

Sometimes, you can turn your bad designs into dragons too.  This leaves room for creativity and they don't have to be perfect. Hope this helps.

Rozani big_smile

#3 2005-06-01 11:19:16

Villanelle

Thank you for your reply!
Unfortunately, I wont be able to make any more papermache, uh, things because Ive moved house with my parants and no longer have the space to do paper mache. sad    I am hoping to have the use of the shed somtime in the summer though. I cant wait!

#4 2005-06-06 18:04:20

ChristianNinja
Website

I do paper mache in my closet sized room.   Sure, its messy, but its better than nothing!

The Christian Ninja

Board footer