HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

I need a manufacturer to make...

#1 2005-02-17 23:19:50

B Couture

I need a manufacturer to make...

Hi! I am in the process of writing a grant proposal to start a small business producing high end handbags and need a source to manufacture 3-D hollow paper mache hearts approximately 8" x 8".  Does anyone out there know of a business who might be able to provide this service?

#2 2005-02-24 08:09:10

Melf
Website

Re: I need a manufacturer to make...

Compagnies dont do papermache stuff anymore ( plastic is way cheaper and lasts alot longer : ) it be easier for ya just to make yourself a mold and do them yourself

" If the person is willing to learn what do i have to lose by teaching him? "

#3 2005-02-24 10:02:19

B Couture

There are still all kinds of 3D items being manufactured...cherubs, etc..  I have made a mold and been doing them myself but the process for each one is way too time consuming.  I need thousands at a time.  Thank you for your response though!

#4 2005-02-24 21:52:36

rozani
Website

:idea: Hello.

Please try commercial sites that have listings of trade journals and manufacturers.  More than likely, they will be in the orient.  Since you are talking mass production, focus on industrial sites.  Perhaps someone who manufactures other types of mache decor may be able to customize the hollow hearts to your specifications.

As a professional designer or artist, you should be able to access this information by having your tax number.  Also, there are professional organizations for industrial artists that may be able to help you. 

Good luck in your search.

Rozani :?  :idea:

#5 2005-02-26 13:54:31

Mischief
Website

You may want to try a suppler like Hobby Craft or Panduro. They both provide ready made papier mache items like hearts of different sizes but I couldn't tell you if they are already finished in your desired colours or stains etc...

~~*~~*~~
(AKA) Jilly T.

#6 2005-03-08 01:20:41

Melf
Website

Hobby Craft is a good supplier : ) hehe totally forgot about that one

" If the person is willing to learn what do i have to lose by teaching him? "

Board footer