HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » Just joined the forum,happy to be here!

Just joined the forum,happy to be here!

#1 2005-02-02 07:33:15

papyrus
Website

Just joined the forum,happy to be here!

My name is Carol. I've been a gallery participant for quite a while but new to the forum. Because of a major spine surgery I lost touch with my papier mache, been a real slacker, but have recovered well enough to get going again. I really lack enthusiasm so I came here to be rescued so to speak. I thought by corresponding with others who love the art of papier mache I might just recapture a piece of me that is missing. I committed to displaying my work at my hometown library in April, hoping that having a deadline and commitment might get me motivated. Anyone else gone through a phase like this? Any suggestions? I'm glad I found this forum and am happy to be here!  smile

#2 2005-02-05 15:02:46

Jackie
Website

Re: Just joined the forum,happy to be here!

Hello Carol,

Welcome to the Forum. I think we have probably all been through spells like you are experiencing at the moment. I'm sure something will trigger your enthusiasm again soon and give you back the papier mache buzz.  :idea:

Jackie

#3 2005-02-07 03:22:28

rozani
Website

Hi Carol.

Here, here, Jackie.  Absolutely.  We all have our ups and downs.  It's only natural.  I am glad that you have recovered from your surgery.  That is already a positive start. smile

Sometimes it's just a matter of watching a wonderful performance and costuming of  "Cirque du Soleil" that will inspire me.  Other times, it's a colorful mask.  Most of the time, it's the wonderful work of fellow artists from this site and others like it.

As a matter of fact, I just finished a great workshop at our local library.  It was the dreariest day of that week and I thought that noone would attend.  Much to my surprise, there were several adults and children who were very eager to be inspired.  Their enthusiasm and determination inspired me.  It was terrific!  By the end of the workshop, we were all inspired and forgot about the miserable weather. 

I have learned that good things are worth the wait.  Your inspiration will come when you least expect it.  By the way, it's carnival time around the world.  That is another one of my inspirations.  I carry it within me; especially, big_smile  Mardi Gras.  Hurray for Fat Tuesday (February 8th.)!

Regards,

Rozani

#4 2005-02-07 05:46:04

Melf
Website

hehehe i know the feeling
on a personal basis i find that just fooling around with the "goop" has i call it instantly brings forth the artist in me and everything else just seems to fade away so i can enjoy the moment smile

" If the person is willing to learn what do i have to lose by teaching him? "

#5 2005-03-02 22:49:49

Cheshire Cat

Hello

I'm totally new to this forum but am just a bit of a "mess abouter". I love it because it stops me thinking and I am doing rather than in my own head. It gives me a flight of fancy. I'm also a psychiatric nurse and am constantly thrilled by the way in which creativity has the power to transform people who are otherwise untouched or unreachable by conventional methods. I'm not an artist as you folks seem to be, but I have spells at work when the way in which i do my job seems to leave me and I have to keep finding ways of solving problems, keeping my work fresh. Sometimes you have to go inside a bit, to refresh yourself and other times it'll be an external thing. Ballet does it for me, or better still, a good puppet show.

Take care

Jacqueline tongue

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » Just joined the forum,happy to be here!

Board footer