HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

Mask Making

#1 2004-05-13 04:06:36

Mask Making

i recently got into the swing of paper mache and have made my first sculpture (a wall hanging goat head in the likeness of an african mask). once i realized how much fun it was, i thought it would be neat to make one i could actually wear. however, before i start, i'm seaking advice how to make a comfortable fit for my face. i've heard of several ways this can be done: plaster strips, moulds, etc. what are some suggestions you can make for making a comfortable mask? just as a side note: i don't reqire the mask be a "perfect fit", but i'd like to know how to start a mask that would fit my face comfortably.

thank you for your input.

#2 2004-09-10 21:02:57

Re: Mask Making

May 13th? Hasn't anyone replied yet?
There are plastic mask blanks available in many craft shops which amke the job very easy.
For something more individual, you could get a double layer of cooking foil and press it closely around your face.  If removed carefully, it will retain the shape and you can then layer (exceedingly carefully) on it.
If you're really mad, get a friend to layer onto your face, non glue layer first and leaving airholes (!). Put the radio on, relax and your body warmth will dry it . . . . eventually.

Board footer