HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

heronic wobbles

#1 2004-06-27 21:56:43

Refka

heronic wobbles

I am working on a heron, and I used molding screen for the head, neck and body.  For the legs I used metal sticks, about 1/8 inch think.  I bent them at the top, and used the 8 inches or so to anchor into the body.  Then I drilled holes ina block of wood, and put the stakes through that, and bent them over flat, to anchor them in an upright position.  My problem is that although the body sits firmly on the legs without shifting, and the feet stay where they belong, the legs still sway slightly if touched, or a breeze comes along.  I have wrapped them with rigid wrap, to see if that helps, and anchoed that onto the body, too.  But there is still some sway, and it makes me anxious that it will pull apart.  Anybody got any ideas?  Thanks.

#2 2004-09-10 20:50:37

Re: heronic wobbles

1/8 inch is very thin and the structure might be slightly top heavy.  If you can go a bit thicker without losing proportions, you might try adding another 'wire' of the same thickness but in one piece following each leg and bracing across the bird's belly.  Then bind it.
Good luck with it.
David

Board footer