HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

Paper Mache Turkey w/box

#1 2001-11-11 18:42:56

Paper Mache Turkey w/box

My high school class is trying to figure out how to make a large turkey from a cardboard box (to hold food items for a food basket).  What do I need to do this?  I want the box to be the size of one that holds copy machine paper, so the turkey will be larger than the box.  The box will be the body of the turkey.

Help!!!!!

#2 2001-11-14 19:27:56

Re: Paper Mache Turkey w/box

My suggestion to you (as a once upon a time  art student) would be to use chicken wire,you will probably find this from  B and Q or similar store.With a pair of pliers you can manipulate the the wire into your turkey shape and snip it into shape.Then apply either paper mache or modrock ( it's like bandage with plaster added to it,once it is dipped briefly in water and added to your chicken wire it will harden,then you can paint it turkey colour).Oh yes and you could mold the chicken wire around the machine paper box,leaving and opening approximately where you would find the parsons nose,easy access for your food goodies.
I hope this is of some help to you,I was only online in Canada trying to search for a spice rack for my mother who lives in the UK,anyway best of luck and Happy Thanksgiving !
Ingrid Galley

#3 2001-11-24 16:41:59

Re: Paper Mache Turkey w/box

We are having a Christmas Parade at our school and my class is making a paper mache mountian.  We have wood as the wunderneathy support, then chicken wire.  We next need to put paper mache over the chicken wire, but we don't know how to make paper mache itself.  Please help me with ingredients and ways to make paper mache.  Thanks.

Board footer