HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

Paper crisis of doom!!! HELP?!

#1 2006-05-08 02:09:32

Psycho_Acolyte
Website

Paper crisis of doom!!! HELP?!

ha ha ha, obviously I'm a newb to this forum :3 But I do know a bit about paper mache. But, I have a query (or was it quandry?)...

See, I make small paper stars out of color paper. I use really thin strips and each strip makes about 2 stars. But each half piece of the strip usually leaves a small bit of paper left over. So I now have a small box full of these left over pieces of colored paper, and another box that's rapidly getting full. I haven't emptied out the bag I put the scraps in because I don't know what to do with them.

So my question (s) is:
Does anyone have any idea what I can do with these small scraps of paper. I would use them as partial confetti, but many of them have things printed on it. And I'm not sure if I can use colored paper for paper mache as well. Never tried.

Also, the only paper mache I've ever done was the paste and strip method.  I would love to do more things, but alas I cannot.

My room is covered in carpet -____-;; and I absolutely abhore working in the kitchen. I don't get to listen to my music there. And my laptop only has a certain range. I tried doing something here in my room, and though I didn't get anything on the carpet, I'm a bit weary about working in here. I'm thinking of getting a plastic cover and placing it near the desk I work on.

If anyone has any ideas, please don't hesistate to tell me. I need to do something with this paper before it eats meh :3

"You are weak like the salted slug and your mind is slow like a sloth on sake."
"HUH?!"

#2 2006-08-13 17:19:33

dopapier

Re: Paper crisis of doom!!! HELP?!

yikes
Sorry that no-one has replied to you yet.
If you've only done laminating/layering, you might consider pulp.  The coloured paper bits can be used.  Put them in a saucepan covered in water, bring to the boil and simmer for about ten minutes.
Then look at the article by Mel Favreau about pulping and various textures.
I use something like the fine pulp and can roll it out to about 2mm thickness.  Applied to a paper laminate structure, it can make it very strong as well as allowing some shaping to the surface.
DavidO
(dopapier)

I'm a PM addict

Board footer