HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

#26 2006-09-06 05:12:42

CatPerson

Re: How do you make your pulp?

Sure, the blender will be fine.... as long as you don't add too little water to too much paper.  Fill the container half full with water, than gradually add one small handful of paper at a time, blend it, then add some more.  If the machine sounds like it's laboring to hard, turn it off and dump the pulp onto a wire mesh or wire sieve and press the excess water out.

Sue

#27 2006-09-06 13:10:04

Mischief
Website

Making a huge batch of pulp in one swoop always makes more sense as long as your going to use it, but I only ever use a hand blender for small amounts of pulp to be used for the final layer. I can't see the point in coursing oneself extra work by relaye blending it all in batches when only the final coat needs to be smooth, depending on the piece etc

The hand blender I find works better and takes far less cleaning, which is always a blessing.

~~*~~*~~
(AKA) Jilly T.

#28 2006-09-11 16:52:07

Psycho_Acolyte
Website

Well, when I do projects I usually need a lot. I recently found a hand mixer in dollar general but I didn't get it because I already bought the blender and can't return it.  So for now (until it breaks >.>)  I'll use the blender.

I'm just confused about one thing, normally the pulp already has water added to it,  so do you have to add more water to the blender?

"You are weak like the salted slug and your mind is slow like a sloth on sake."
"HUH?!"

#29 2006-09-12 18:17:34

dopapier

Don't be afraid of adding water.  Basically, you need to reduce the pressure on the blades and motor.  A small amount of pulp swirling in a lot of water creates much less resistance.  You can always filter off the water to create a dense pulp later.

I'm a PM addict

Board footer