HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » Where do you get your scrap paper and newspaper from?

Where do you get your scrap paper and newspaper from?

#1 2005-11-16 21:14:23

butterbee

Where do you get your scrap paper and newspaper from?

I recently moved to a new city and believe it or not I am finding it hard to find scrap newspaper and paper. This got me wondering where the rest of you get your materials from. Is the paper you use 100% found and recycled, or do some of your order the newspaper?

Inquiring papier-mache minded minds want to know. wink

#2 2005-11-17 05:17:32

Wile E

Re: Where do you get your scrap paper and newspaper from?

Well, this probably won't be much help to you but I get newspaper, cardboard, foam and packing paper from my job at a vet hospital. We get regular deliveries so I keep as many cardboard boxes, packing paper and foam that I want and we also have people bring us lots of newspaper so there is always plenty of extra.

#3 2005-11-17 09:37:06

Mischief
Website

Word of mouth is the best way for news papers etc.. Just let family, friends know what your looking for so they can start collection stuff for you. I have mine looking out for all kinds of stuff that might be useful.

As for large cardboard boxes, sheets try your local green grocers, supermarkets, hardware and DIY stores. I have a few regular suppliers who even mention me in monthly newsletters because its good for their business if they are seen to be promoting local recycling.

Its good for me too. 1) materials costs me nothing and 2) advertises my work.

~~*~~*~~
(AKA) Jilly T.

#4 2006-10-06 05:59:49

Psycho_Acolyte
Website

I know this topic is really really old, but I thought I'd post on here too. I get a lot of the paper I use from old school papers. High school is a wonderful place to get paper, especially at the end of the quarters. The students tend to just throw away all the papers that were in their lockers into the bags provided. I've picked up quite a few good binders that way.....

But yeah, maybe you could talk to the principal and get the paper the students throw away?

"You are weak like the salted slug and your mind is slow like a sloth on sake."
"HUH?!"

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » Where do you get your scrap paper and newspaper from?

Board footer