HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

Papier-mache from Germany

#1 2004-12-01 19:02:00

jbrewer

Papier-mache from Germany

My name is Jennifer, and I work for a magazine in Indianapolis, Indiana. A local store has some wonderful papier-mache animals for sale (very whimsical pieces, including colorful dogs, birds and snakes). I'd like to write about them, but the store owner doesn't know much about them, except that they are either from Germany or Austria. The company they are from is called YM Collection. The owner has no background information on these pieces. Please let me know if you've ever heard of this unique collection. Thank you!!

#2 2004-12-03 03:37:47

Rachel

Re: Papier-mache from Germany

Jennifer, I don't  know a thing about the papier pieces you mentioned, but I'll tell you this, there is a fabulous papier mache artist who is making colorful birds, snakes, and people  2 hrs south of you in rising sun . IN right now!
(me!)

#3 2004-12-07 11:27:32

Refka

Yes, and there is another fabulous Papier Mache artist in Evansville Indiana!  We should form a society!  Someday I'll get up to Rising Sun again, and see your work.

#4 2004-12-09 21:31:26

Rachel

Hi refka, it's nice to know there are others somewhat near. Living here gives me a lot of space and time and quiet to focus on my work, but often it feels like I'm working in a creative vacuum.
Rachel

Board footer