HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

Please help me

#1 2004-06-17 08:48:21

prashanth

Please help me

Alright this is a big thing. It seems that my papiermachepaste is not made like how you people do it. This is my recipe:
1). Take some flour in a mixing bowl.
2). Add some salt
3). Now keep adding water and mixing with your hands untill you have a
     thick soup like paste.
I am not sure if this is really a good method. I say this because on many websites I see all theese other things that I am supposed to do to make the papier mache paste. Please reply fast and tell me if the way I make papier mache paste is correct.

Guys please reply fast to this post. Thanks a lot.
                                       Prashanth Selvam

#2 2004-06-17 19:44:02

Jenn
Website

Re: Please help me

the flour method is common for papier mache. this site has a recipe for it, and there can be variations of the same recipe as well. if it's working for you than use it. the only down side i can think of for the flour method is mold might grow later on.

- Jenn Rodriguez

#3 2004-07-07 13:40:05

Cee Cee

I can tell you the way I make paste, and it always seems to turn out well and not have any lumps.

I heat a large pot of water on the stove until it's simmering.
Then, I hold a wisk in my right hand and a seive in my left hand over the pot, and I pour about 2 -4 cups of flour into the seive. As the flour falls through the seive into the water, I wisk the water quickly to mix it in.
I just shake the seive every few seconds and continue wisking the water until it's all mixed in.
Then I leave the pot simmering for about 1 hour but I mix it a few times with a wooden spoon.
(I don't use salt.)
Then, I check the consistency which should be like gravy.
I leave the pot for another hour or so to cool, then I use it.

It's kind of a long process but always satisfying, and the paste is nice and warm on the hands.
It will last for a couple of days, before going moldy.

Happy paper macheing.

#4 2004-07-13 17:18:17

I make my paste like you do, except I add Elmer's glue. If I make a bowl full of paste I will pour in enough glue to cover the surface of the paste and then mix it in. It make the paste stronger, smoother and helps repel moisture.

Halloween Zombie

Board footer