HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » How do you make a paper mache cat?????

How do you make a paper mache cat?????

#1 2004-05-14 11:26:52

How do you make a paper mache cat?????

HOW DO YOU MAKE A PAPER MACHE CAT? :oops:

#2 2004-05-16 20:50:43

Jackie
Website

Re: How do you make a paper mache cat?????

To get a basic cat shape, you could follow Terry's instructions for making a snowman: http://www.papiermache.co.uk/exec/cms-d … iew/id-13/ You could add on extra newspaper to form the ears, nose and tail.

Jackie

#3 2004-05-18 19:40:28

rozani
Website

Hello.

A cat or any four legged animal can be made using the same techniques.  That is to say, big_smile  by forming shapes and joining them together to represent parts of the body.  Simple shapes such as balls and cylinders can come together quite easily out of crumpled paper.  Pieces can be assembled by means of masking tape or wire.

There are many ways to create shapes.  Crumpling, twisting and layering can all be accomplished without the use of a mold or armature.  Try making shapes and joining them together to make bodies.  Use a different shape to make legs.  Once the basic form is made, then you can go back with smaller features like the ears, nose and eyes, etc.

The tutorials are a big help and Terry's snow man is a great place to start.  You see, it is all in how you imagine your cat to look.  It can be sitting, laying or up on all fours.  Let creativity be your guide.

Good Luck.

Rozani

#4 2004-05-18 22:49:50

Hi Guys Sarah here! I am doing a science project and I am doing a project on a organism named a Sea Pen. It kind of looks like one of those old quill pens. How do you think I could make one of those with paper mache?
PLEASE HELP!!! (THE PROJECT IS DUE SOON)!!!  :oops:

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » How do you make a paper mache cat?????

Board footer