HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

english project woes

#1 2004-04-29 22:42:36

english project woes

In my english class we have to do a project on a novel, i chose a creative project. And now i don't know how to pull it off. I want to use a bunt pan as a mold, its perfect for what i need, but i don't know what kind of media to use. I don't want to wreck the pan and i also need to build apon the height of it. If anyone has ideas, please try to help me.

big_smile

#2 2004-04-30 11:37:56

Vicky McElhinney

Re: english project woes

Cling film or petrolium jelly or both will protect the pan from your pm and will wash off nicely afterwards.  I don't know what a bunt pan is.  If it will be used for food afterwards I would definitely use plenty of cling wrap first.  Then possibly a layer of wet paper strips (no glue) before you add any further layers. 

To build up your height, it would really depend on what you need to achieve.  Personally for a solid structure I would build it up with balled up paper or pieces of cardboard then cover with paper strips and then possibly pulp. 

There are some great tips in the tutorials section and the forum on the site.  I also find checking out other peoples galleries a big help.

Hope this helps

Vicky lol

Board footer