HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

dolls

#1 2004-01-01 17:39:41

rrenna

dolls

Hi I am not sure where else to ask and any help would be very appreciated. I make dolls out of paper mache. Not like baby dolls but like little people. Everybody says I should sell them and there is s store owner interested but I don't know anything about it. I don't know what to price them at. They are only paper but very time consuming. I love to do it & would do it anyway. I can barely keep up with demand from family & friends. Sorry this went on so long. I just thought someone here might have had experience with selling.
Thank you again for any help.
Rachael

#2 2004-01-05 20:04:07

Karen
Website

Re: dolls

Hello Rachael! Congratulations that you already have a retailer interested in your work. That's half the battle right there! Do you know if the retailer will retain commission on your work? What might that be? Thirty percent? Forty percent? Or, is the retailer willing to buy your work for resale? Knowing this will help you determine how to price.

You may also surf web sites, see how others price their art. It varies widely but you may be able to find some comparisons to your own work.

I wish you great good luck with this Rachael!

Karen
http://www.farroutart.com

#3 2004-01-05 20:57:52

rrenna

Re: dolls

Karen
Thank you for answering. I am supposed to meet with the retailer next week. I am not sure quite what she wants to do yet. I am trying to find out as much as I can so I am  prepared. I thank you so much for your good wishes. I am kind of lost with all this but I am going to do my best.
Thank you again
Rachael

Board footer