HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

Nives Cicin-Sain

#1 2011-08-15 23:29:22

skwirl

Nives Cicin-Sain

I was wondering how many here have actually tried her method?

Her work is some of the most beautiful I've ever seen! So unique and full of feeling, always puts a huge smile on my face.

I have bought her ebook and actually printed it out so I could have a hard copy, and it is GREAT!

So I've just started experimenting with it and it is not near as easy as she makes it look! Guess that's why she is Nives lol! But it is fascinating and I know I can make progress the more I practice, you know, trial and error.

She invented her own technique you know, and that's why her work is so magical.

So how many of you have attempted the method?

#2 2011-08-16 07:34:31

CatPerson

Re: Nives Cicin-Sain

So, how many other things have you tried to do, and did them perfectly immediately?

Everything worth doing usually takes some time to master, and PM isn't any different.  Unfortunately.

I haven't tried it yet.

Sue

#3 2011-08-16 10:08:13

dopapier

I am well versed in Nives' method and am willing to help anyone who has bought the book.  Skwirl and I have already had detailed communication.
DavidO

I'm a PM addict

#4 2011-08-16 21:11:11

skwirl

Yes and thank-you so much for your help David!

One thing I really like about it is that's it's so easy to prepare the mache. Makes it really convenient when you just have a little bit of time to work on it, and it's not as messy as some techniques I have tried in the past.

#5 2011-08-29 14:20:54

skwirl

Have fun! I'm going to do some more today too. Last time I made mine too soggy, so I will use less glue, or maybe even thicken it up a bit. I might try a different kind of toilet paper too.

#6 2011-08-30 00:33:03

skwirl

Ok, it definitely turned out better today. I thickend up the glue a little and got the paper to tear into pieces instead of globbing up into a pile of gook! I didn't change the toilet paper, still the cheap stuff. I think all the water that I had in it just made the paper into mush.
Adding wallpaper paste to my already mixed glue made it a little lumpy, but it desolved well enough when I used the paintbrush, still I threw away that batch and will start fresh with a new thicker paste.
I'm making headway!   : )

#7 2011-08-30 00:34:47

skwirl

**note to self***
when adding wallpaper paste/powder to an already existing glue, MIX IT WITH WATER FIRST!

#8 2011-08-30 04:58:04

CatPerson

"**note to self***
when adding wallpaper paste/powder to an already existing glue, MIX IT WITH WATER FIRST!"

Ah.... yes.  In fact, if you mix it up the evening before you intend to use it, it may be even smoother.  It seems to take a bit of time before all the powder absorbs the water.  It looks like bubbles, but I think it's really small bits of powder sealed in bubbles via the surface tension.

The more you experiment, the more you will learn.  When I was first doing a lot of PM work, I had unlimited trash pickup.  Good thing, too!

Sue

Board footer