HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

Galleries Map

#1 2011-04-13 23:55:06

russ
Site Admin
Website

Galleries Map

Hi all,

Just thought I'd let you have a play with something we've been working on - a map of the world showing where artists are located.

It's not linked to from the gallery pages yet (since it's still a bit experimental and rough around the edges) but you can get to it here:

http://www.papiermache.co.uk/gallery/map

There's a map of the world, with countries that have papiermache.co.uk galleries shown in green (darker green means a higher concentration of galleries).

If you click on a country you're shown a list of artists located there with links to their gallery.

This isn't a complete replacement for a standard "show me a list of artists in country X" but it's a bit of fun we've had on the back-burner for a while so I thought I'd put what we had out there for some feedback.

More general gallery improvements coming soon. In the mean time, please let us know if you have any thoughts on the map or how it could be improved. One thing we're aware of - certain smaller countries can be quite hard to make out. Sorry!

Russ

#2 2011-04-14 07:25:42

mavigogun

Re: Galleries Map

Sweet!   Check out Israel- definitely the highest density of gallery users!

Easy feature refinement: link-list of countries beneath the map that effect the same as rolling over the country.

Last edited by mavigogun (2011-04-14 07:26:42)

Board footer