HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

where has everyone gone?

#1 2011-01-21 19:03:56

rosielee

where has everyone gone?

checked back to see if there was an answer to my question- scrolled down and noticed only three posts away was the question i last posted weeks, and weeks ago- it looks like only three poeple have used this forum for weeks and weeks- have i got this right?

in whcih case- there is no point in using the forum- what a shame excellent paper mache advise

need to recruit new members- why is it so quiet do you think?

#2 2011-01-22 06:58:44

CatPerson

Re: where has everyone gone?

I think it's called 'Real Life'.

Like most other things, crafts ebb and flow. 

If you'll notice on the first forum page, many people are looking at the individual topics.  SebastianFox first posted a question about getting a smooth finish on his mask just yesterday, and already 53 people have looked in.

You asked a question back in July, 2010, about papier mache pulp, since then 3,761 have looked at the discussion you created.

I suspect that many people are using the search tool for specific questions, and finding answers that seem reasonable to them, so they turn back to their PM project and keep working at it with new information and ideas.

There are 39 pages of questions and answers, and each page has about 30 topics.  That's a LOT of information.

Look in again and there might be a huge flurry of questions and idea.

In the meantime, start ripping, pulping, gluing and painting!  Try new methods and combinations of methods. Try new finishes: beads, leaves, fabric threads, layered tissue paper.

And then, as soon as you've discovered something new, come back and tell us about it!

Sue

#3 2011-01-22 15:17:22

russ
Site Admin
Website

Re: where has everyone gone?

Hi Rosielee,

Topics are not ordered by their creation date. They're in order of most recent posts. Whilst your topic was indeed created a few months ago, the last reply in the discussion was only 3 days ago which is why it's on the first page.

We order like this so that recent activity (posts) are visible, rather than being buried pages in whilst the discussion is ongoing.

Hope this clears it up.

Russ

Board footer