HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

Plants vs zombie figurines

#1 2011-01-06 19:25:03

somahummerocket

Plants vs zombie figurines

I’m a and fan of the video game plants vs zombies. My plan is to make some of the plant characters for Halloween 2011.  I would like to make them approximately 3 feet tall. I have made some sketches on the design, but have no idea what are the best materials to use. Maybe I could anchor the base in plaster of paris. Would shaping a wire mesh for the body be the best way? They will be out on the lawn for display, so that means weather resistant. My biggest design hurtle is making the “peashooters† head. How am I to make the rounded head with the cylindrical mouth? So many questions.

I understand if some of you have not seen or played plants vs zombies. Please do a search and give this paper meche noob some ideas.

#2 2011-01-06 19:27:09

somahummerocket

Re: Plants vs zombie figurines

also somahummerocket is my xbox live gamertag.

#3 2011-01-08 15:29:56

ricky patassini

Re: Plants vs zombie figurines

hi...as the creator of zombie heads(seen in Viral videos) i sugest you use the same construction technique as I used for the heads...check out the toutorial on giant heads...scaled down I think this would be effective,as for weather profing I use automotive paint and find it works very well......cheers..Ricky Patassini

Board footer