HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

jointed PM people?

#1 2003-06-27 19:12:32

henitsirk

jointed PM people?

I am getting very inspired by Wendy Froud but do not want to work with toxic materials and complex molds.  I want to make figures and think PM will work well, however I would like to make them posable.  I wonder if anyone has any thoughts/experiences??? 
One idea I had was to make separate limbs that would attach to the torso with a joint mechanism, with a flexible (heavy cloth?) covering to maintain a realistic shape under costumes. 
My husband has made puppets for films so I can rely on his help for the armatures and joints, but I wonder about using PM overall.
Thanks!!

#2 2003-06-29 04:31:28

rozani
Website

Re: jointed PM people?

Hello.

I think PM would work extremently well.  I use it for my posing jester figures.  You can use pulp or strips.  It can be solid by pressing it all together or hollow by layering over armature.

You can also dip fabric into your PM medium of choice and drape it into shape.  It will dry nice and stiff.  I like to use liquid starch.  Some prefer wall paper paste.  Fabric  or paper, either will work and it's lots of fun.

I would love to see the results of your work.  It's great  that you have such a talented husband to assist you.  Give PM a try.  You have nothing to lose.  Much success.

#3 2003-08-23 18:35:01

newsharon

Re: jointed PM people?

What is liquid starch????

Sharon

Board footer