HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » What's the difference between the 3 glues...?

What's the difference between the 3 glues...?

#1 2003-04-08 21:38:27

shelley

What's the difference between the 3 glues...?

Hello, I am about to embark on a flying Elvis for my friend and I am deliberating between the three types of glues? Water with flour, wallpaper paste and glue. What is the best glue, or is it personal, or does it depend on the project. My Elvis is 2 feet tall, body created with paper and a wire flying cape. Please let me know of your favorite glues and why. Thank you Thank you very much....

#2 2003-04-10 14:45:22

Jackie
Website

Re: What's the difference between the 3 glues...?

Hi!

They all do the same job, it just depends which you prefer working with really. Flour and water and wallpaper paste are the cheapest. They are also slow drying, which gives you time to do some last minute adjustments! White (pva) glue makes the project more expensive but dries faster and quite hard.

My own preference is wallpaper paste. It is easy and quick to make up and contains a fungicide. I sometimes use white (pva) glue with pulp if I want a really hard finish. I'm not keen on working with it though as it gets very tacky and is very drying on your hands.

It might be an idea to try a sample piece using each of the adhesives and see which you feel happier working with before you embark on your project. Hope it goes well.  big_smile

Jackie

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » What's the difference between the 3 glues...?

Board footer