HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

pulp clay storage

#1 2002-10-18 22:14:01

beedjay
Website

pulp clay storage

so i dove in DEEP.  last nite i made balls of newspaper covered in dipped strips. 

and soaked a bowl of ripped up newspaper for pulping.  boiled it today, strained it well and added flour mixture.  this aft. (late) we covered dried balls with it and intend to do another layer with noses, cheeks ...whatever; monday when its dry so there is room to sand a bit.   the kids aren't back (i babysit) till monday, and my weekend is FULL.  starting in about a half an hour.

the problem is that i have a TON of mixed pulp "clay"  and also about 6 cups of just strained pulp which i don't have time to deal with.  i got the pot cleaned up (thank goodness, i didn't have an old yucky one big enough)and now i need to STORE!!!  will it rot or mold?  should it go in a plastic container?  does it need to be refrigerated?  --for the weekend.  HELP!!!!

beedjay

bright blessings
beedjay
www.maidenkanadah.com

'I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship'. ~Louisa
May Alcott

#2 2002-10-22 16:02:51

Jackie
Website

Re: pulp clay storage

This reply is probably a bit late (had computer problems) and I guess you have found out the answer to your own question by now!  sad I usually only make up small quantities but some people say it keeps for a while in the fridge. Flour and water mixture won't keep long though. It is often tempting to make a large batch to save making more but it's a shame to waste it.

Jackie

Board footer