HomeForum

Forum

Note: The forum uses a separate login system to the galleries.

You are not logged in.

Options

papier mache process

#1 2002-07-11 09:12:42

papier mache process

hi!!!
i am a student now doing a project to automated the papier mache process...
it is meaningful as the machine made will be donated to the disabled and handicap.
pls feel free to give me some ideas, thanks!!!

#2 2002-07-11 16:35:49

Re: papier mache process

Most of the processes are easily automated, as in commercial processes.  You might also consider paper casting, using pulp.  See www.easymakeonline.com/whatiscast.htm

Sue

#3 2002-07-12 05:30:25

thank u!!!
may i know wat is the commercial available  process, i may change and modify it to make it more applicable..
as my machine made is for handicaps and disabled, i hope it will not be complicated , i have to think of ergonomics principle as well~~ this is challenging!

#4 2002-07-18 23:33:25

Hi Gary,
I also work in papier mache. Did ypou ever do anything that related to childlike projects. This year I started out on a baby shoe and developed it onto a pretty ok three d sculpture of a shoe. Following this I made worked on cotton and dye, not strictly batik but using some of the princliples. I sometimetimes find that as a fine art papier mache is limitining in the sence that it is not so much confined by the material, paper, but that its advantancement does not allow for questioning the creative process as such. I would like to explore it more.
Pauline

Board footer